You must have employer liability insurance and public liability insurance.
- Social media
- Making direct contact with the employer
- Using your network
- UCA careers, twitter and facebook
- AOP – The Association of Photographers
Do not include GCSE’s on your CV. Include first aid, awards, exhibitions etc…
Interests and references are not crucial. No photo or DOB, the less personal information, the better.
- Who you are – Y2 Photography etc…
- What you are offering
- What you want – placements, 10 days
Do not include ‘teamwork’, No I am’s or I have’s.
- Team-working (show in past jobs)
- Business and customer awareness
- Communication and literacy
- Application of numeracy
- Application of ICT
- Positive attitude and enterprising qualities
Possibly use the same font they do on their website etc on my CV.
Use InDesign and Illustrator.
The cover letter used as the first part of the email, do not email an attachment of the cover letter.
- Purpose – to grab attention and make them want to read your CV.
- Always send a cover letter with your CV and application unless asked not to or if it is online
- Cover letter + CV = The bait
- No longer than a page – be sufficient
- Use short paragraphs
- Clear font, font size 10-12
- Use bullet points or bold to highlight key points
Can send a letter including the CV, cover note, business cards.